Federal Casework

Capitol Hill

If you are a Missouri resident with a question about a federal agency, program, or process, we are happy to assist you. We can help you understand your rights and responsibilities relative to various federal programs. Acting as a liaison between you and the federal government, my staff and I can often help you answer questions, find resources, or resolve problems.

While we cannot ask an agency to circumvent its rules, force it to decide a question in your favor, or change a decision that is already final, we can make inquiries about the status of your situation and review the steps taken thus far to ensure your case is being handled properly.

If you need my assistance in resolving a matter involving a Federal Agency, I will need your written permission before making any official inquiries on your behalf. To begin this process you must first complete a Privacy Act Waiver. The Privacy Act of 1974 requires written permission before a congressional office may make inquiries to a federal agency on your behalf.

The following criteria must be met in order for Senator Hawley’s office to be able to assist you:

  • You must be a resident of Missouri;
  • Your issue must involve a federal agency, not a state or local one;
  • Your case must not involve a pending court action; and
  • You must complete and sign a Privacy Act Waiver to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act.
  • If you are experiencing issues with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), then please complete this specific USCIS Privacy Release Form.
  • If you are experiencing issues pertaining to Visas, then please complete this specific Department of State (DOS) Privacy Release Form.

Please send your signed and completed Privacy Act Waiver to Senator Hawley’s office by email to caseworkPRF@hawley.senate.gov or via mail to:

The Office of Senator Josh Hawley
400 E. 9th Street, Suite 9350
Kansas City, MO 64106