Disaster Assistance


Constituent specialists in Senator Hawley’s regional offices in Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Kansas City, Springfield, and St. Louis are available to help Missourians cut through red tape and locate available resources.

Emergency Contacts

Focus on safety first if you are affected by tornados or flooding. Please call 911 if you are in any immediate danger.

Local Emergency Contacts

You can find contact information for your local emergency coodinators and administrators through the Missouri Department of Public Safety State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).

Disaster Crisis Counseling

Missourians in need of disaster crisis counseling can reach the Missouri Disaster Distress Helpline by calling 1-800-985-5990 or texting “TalkWithUs” to 66746.

Road Conditions

Any individuals traveling in affected areas should obey all road closures and detours. For road updates, please check the Missouri Department of Transportion (MODOT) or call 511.

Rebuilding After a Disaster

Reporting Damage

The Missouri State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) advises individuals and businesses impacted by natural disasters to report damage to their local emergency management officials. Local officials can connect those impacted by natural disasters to any services being provided by state departments and non-governmental organizations assisting with unmet needs.

Finding Federal Assistance

Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s Disaster Assistance questionaire to learn what federal resources are avilable.

Learn more about the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Individual Disaster Assistanceand find out if you are in an declared disaster assistance area.

Tornado Recovery

Check out SEMA’s “Recover and Rebuild” website for more information about recovering from a disaster. Visit Missouri Storm Aware to learn more about responding to a tornado.

Flood Recovery

Flooded wells pose significant risk to public health. If you suspect your drinking water is contaminated, immediately stop using the water for drinking, making ice, cooking and bathing. Check for advisories at the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.

You can get more information about recovering from a flood from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.


If you believe your insurance company has not handled your claim properly, you may file a complaint with the Missouri Department of Insurance. They can determine whether your insurance company has followed Missouri law in processing your claim.


Farmers & Businesses

For Missouri farmers, find your county Farm Service Agency office at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Service Center Locator to file claims for livestock or crop losses.

Learn more about other USDA disaster assistance programs, such as the USDA Livestock Indemnity Program. To learn more about the USDA’s cost-share assistance to rehabilitate flooded farmland, go to the Emergency Conservation Program.

For other Missouri business owners, your local Missouri Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is ready to serve any constituents that have been impacted by flooding or tornados.

The SBDC also provides helpful information on recovering and rebuilding after a disaster. Please note the portions dealing with awareness of scams and assisting employees.

Donations & Volunteers

Find out ways to donate or volunteer at the SEMA website.

Presidential Disaster Declaration

Please visit FEMA’s Disaster Assistance webpage to view all Presidential Disaster Declarations and learn more about the Disaster Declaration process.

Cape Girardeau

555 Independence Street, #1600
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Office: (573) 334-5995
Fax: (573) 334-5947


1123 Wilkes Blvd, Suite 220
Columbia, MO 65201
Office: ​​​​​​​(573) 554-1919
Fax: (573) 256-1805

Kansas City

400 E. 9th Street, Suite 9350
Kansas City, MO 64106
​​​​​​​Office: (816) 960-4694
Fax: (816) 472-6812


901 E. St. Louis Street, Suite 1604
Springfield, MO 65806
Office: ​​​​​​​(417) 869-4433
Fax: (417) 869-4411

St. Louis

111 South 10th Street, Suite 23.360
St. Louis, MO 63102
Office: (314) 354-7060

Washington, D.C.

212 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Office: (202) 224-6154
Fax: (202) 228-0526